Book Blogger Hop 1-7-11

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Ivan who blogs at Ivan Bookworm:

"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"

Tevya:
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, for sure. Through Twilight, I found TwilightMOMs, where I have met my best friend as well as so many other amazing women who I cannot imagine my life with out. So many opportunities have opened up to me, from traveling to Forks and LaPush with some of these amazing women, to summer vacations with my best friends, to being a moderator on TwilightMOMs, and down to this blog. I have a close group of local and state wide friends, as well as an extended family of "sisters" all over the United States (and even into Europe). I am not just a wife and mother anymore...I am me again. I found that I can do things for me and my family will survive. While my family will always come first, it feels good to be me again. Now my Twilight obsession has fizzled down, the Twilight Saga will always hold a special place in my heart because of the friends I've made and experiences I've enjoyed.


Andrea:
Twilight - without it I would never have met my BFF and other awesome people! It gave me great connections for reading and writing. It also brought me to Forks and LaPush which I fell in love with immediately. I will always be grateful to the series.





Comments

  1. I'm amazed at how many people have said TWILIGHT changed their lives. Interesting. I wouldn't call it life-changing for me, but it is partially responsible for re-interesting me in YA books. I'm glad it's been so meaningful for you both.

    So glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. Especially " I am not just a wife and mother anymore...I am me again...While my family will always come first, it feels good to be me again." Never have I met so many wonderful women, talented writers & never have I read so many books! I can't wait to meet some TMs in real life this summer in Forks. Thank you Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susan - I don't think it was the book itself that changed my life, but just the people I met because of the book if that makes sense.

    @The Carkins - You will have to email me when you are going. I'd love to meet up with everyone for lunch or something. Well, if y'all are cool with me crashing your trip for a meal, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - I'm with Andrea. It's definitely more the people I've met and experiences I've had than the actual story itself. Like you, the story did open me up to the YA genre, but the people are what mean the most to me. If it weren't for Twilight, I would not have these amazing people in my life and would not have gotten to do some really cool and fun things.

    TheCarkins - E-mail me too!!! Who are you going with? When are you going? I wanna know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bopping around with the Book Blogger Hop, and stopping by to say hello!

    It's great how books can bring people together, on-line and in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura - I totally agree. Books rock! Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Howard Sherman...Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to find out more about your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love that Twilight was able to influence you in so many ways!

    Twilight influenced me too b/c it got me back into reading just for the fun of it - something I hadn't done in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Liz - Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark! It's nice to know that Twilight influenced more than just the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. New follower!
    Twilight is definitely one of the most influential books for me. I've basically been obsessed with it since October 2008.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alison - We are so happy to have you as a follower. Thank you for stopping by Reading Lark.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!