Weekly Lark



The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!


This week's lark: a friend is homebound, stuck in a raging blizzard. Assuming you had the technology to do so, what book would you make appear on his/her laptop or e-reader to pass the time?


Andrea: If the friend was female I would send her Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen because anyone snow bound is surely in want of a good read. If the friend was male I would send him Dracula. I don't really have a reason other than it would keep him busy for awhile.


Tevya: If I had a friend homebound, stuck in a raging blizzard, and I had the technology to give her a book to pass the time, I would give her Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It's a great book to curl up under the blankets with and just get lost in another life.


Paula: My poor snowbound friend would get from me How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan. It's not my normal fare, but it was a really great read, and more in the vein of what a lot of my friends are willing to read. Fancy that, not all of my friends understand my choice to read lots of YA lit. :)


Off to put Pride and Prejudice and Gone With the Wind on my to-read list. . .

Comments

  1. What a great feature! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would send them the Lord of the Rings in one volume... because my Dad told me a story once about 2 mountain climbers/ explorers who were stuck on a ledge in their tent and one was whining that the other guy had a book and he didn't. Finally, the book guy ripped LOTR in half, and gave the whiner the first half to read so he'd shut up. About 10 minutes later, the whiner threw back the half and muttered "bloody faeries".

    Don't know if its true, but it always amused me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun question - if I were sending a book to a girl, I would send These Is My Words.
    For a boy, The Kite Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen - Love your pick and story! It made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen - that is such a cute story. I giggled, too.

    Liz - I've never heard of These Is My Words. Going to look it up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!