Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday

Book Blogger Hop

"What book(s) would you like to see turned into a movie?"

Tevya:
I have a hard time with questions like this, because in most cases, movies have ruined or not done justice to my favorite books. So, I'm going to assume that this is an "in a perfect world" situation, where the movie would be as fabulous as the book. Here are a few Young Adult books I'd like to see:

1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater (Shiver, Linger, Forever)
2. Nightshade by Andrea Cramer
3. The Perfect Chemistry Trilogy by Simone Elkeles
4. Wake, Fade, and Gone by Lisa McMann
5. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman

In the adult genre, assuming that there were actors out there who fit not only the physical descriptions, but could also do a great job acting, I'd love to see the Black Dagger Brotherhood and the Dark Hunters series on the big screen. I'd also love to see J. D. Robb's In Death Series and Nora Roberts' Three Sisters Island and The Gallagers of Ireland trilogies as movies.

Andrea:
Nightshade by Andrea Cramer
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles




"If you are a fan of Science Fiction what is your favorite book? If you haven't read Science Fiction before...any inkling to? Anything catch your eye?"


Tevya:
I'm not really a fan of Science Fiction. The closest thing I've read would be The Host by Stephenie Myer. Nothing else has really caught my eye.


Andrea:
I am not a huge fan of science fiction, but I am trying to read it a bit more. My husband loves it and keeps suggesting books. He wants me to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Ender's Game. I suppose my favorite science fiction book based on my limited reading experience would by Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I also really enjoyed Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.



Comments

  1. Hopping through. I definitely want to see If I Stay as a movie.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh can you imagine the BDB on tv or a movie or DH um my imagination is running wild who could play the Dark Hunters or the Brothers ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Just hopping by. The In Death series would be a great movie serial

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time to the blog hop and these are such good suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping By!

    Perfect Chemistry would be fantastic turning into a movie if everything was perfect(actor, script etc.)

    Have a great weekend! :)
    Here's mine: http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of your blog! Just hopping by.

    Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through for the weekend. I'm a bit hesitant toward requesting werewolf movies. I don't think I've seen one yet that gets the transformation to look 'right'. So, as much as I'd LOVE to watch Nightshade or the Mercy Falls stories, they'd better have THE BEST effects budget ever.

    If you feel like hopping my way, come venture into The Wolf's Den. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My book blogger hop answer was similar to yours...I am usually not impressed with Hollywood's versions of the books I've read...I don't even give most of them a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books to movie list! I would love to see those as movies too. :)
    Happy Reading!
    Christy @TheReaderBee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Team Ren?! GRAAARGH!! SO FULL OF HAAAAAAAAATE!!!

    Good book, though. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I haven't read all the titles on your list, I would agree with you on The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy. :) Personally, I would love to see more werewolf movies, and I'm half-excited and half-anxious about Shiver being made into a movie in 2012. Happy reading to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the Wake trilogy is going to be made into a movie but Miley Cyrus was rumored for the lead and that's ruining any excitement I might have for it.
    If the movie was as good as the book I think Shiver would be beautiful, and If I Stay would definitely be a tearjerker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too am not a big sci-fi fan but loved The Host and anything written by Michael Crichton.

    I've discovered your blog via the blog hop. Won't you pay me a visit at My Bookshelf?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and took the time to comment. I will return the favor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Laura - I just finished Wake and am working through the series. I just don't see Miley as Janie. I know Lisa has nothing to do with casting, but I know so many people will not want to see if it Miley is cast in the role. It's a shame to ruin such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I'm a new follower. BDB!!! Yes!!! I would SOOOO see that movie.
    Hope you have a great weekend :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I'm your newest follower from a Friday Blog Hop. I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the polka dots.

    I love the blog hop. Stop by for my answer and for a Book Blog Giveaway.

    ...28 blogs participating blogs.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

    Blog hosted by Judith of http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!