Top Ten Tuesday - 3/15/11

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic: 

Top Ten Characters You'd Want as Family Members

1. Alice Cullen from the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
I know there are a lot of Twilight haters and my love of the series has waned, but who wouldn't want Alice around? The girl has great style and would be like my own personal magic 8 ball.

2. Miss Skeeter from The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I loved that Skeeter was such a strong, independent thinker. I think she would make a great sister.

3. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I always wanted a big brother. Who would do a better job at filling that role than him? I loved his relationship with Georgiana and how protective he was of her.


4. Ansel from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Another great fictional brother! There was just something so endearing about Ansel.

5. Brett Main Hazzard from The North and South series by John Jakes
I always wanted to be her when I was little! She was what I always wanted to grow up to be.

6. Elizabeth Wakefield from The Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal
Another childhood fave! Elizabeth was the smart good girl who was adored by pretty much everyone. She is certainly someone I would want on my side.

7. Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Meg was so supportive and loving. I think she would make a great sister.

8. Violet Ambrose from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
I really enjoy reading Violet's stories. Plus, helping her find bodies could be entertaining at family reunions.

9. Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Do I really need to explain this one?

10. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
I think we have a lot in common and she would be an awesome family member. I also wouldn't have to worry about being a muggle - she could protect me.


Comments

  1. I totally forgot about Darcy as a brother. You're totally right, his relationship with Georgianna is proof that he'd be an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are interesting picks. I had tough time with it yet somehow picked TEN!

    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!