Top 10 Tuesday 4/5/11


This weekly meme is from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are asked...

What are the book covers you wish you could redesign?

Numbers 1 - 5 are Andrea's picks and numbers 6 - 10 are Tevya's picks.


1. The Heartbreakers by Pamela Wells

This book wasn't the best I've ever read, but it wasn't horrible. However, the cover is just atrocious. It looks like a tattoo gone horribly wrong.


2. The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey

I love these books, but I totally judged them by their cheestastic covers at first. I'm glad I was able to get past that and read them, but I still hate the covers. I also won't read these in public because of the covers.




3. Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

It's just boring which is unfair because the story is not.


4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Great book but I am not sure how the cover relates to the story. It's also just a tad boring for my tastes.


5. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

These just don't do the series justice. The people also just look awkward in a lot of them. These were another set of books that I put off reading because of the covers.


6. The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J. R. Ward

This is one of my favorite series, and I love the covers for how they represent the stories and the characters. Really...I love the covers.... However, I have to admit that when I was buying the books on a regular basis, flying through the series for the first time, I was embarassed to bring them up to the counter. They just scream sex. While they are fun to look at at home, I like a cover that I can carry around with me. (One more reason to love my Nook.)
7. In Death Series by J. D. Robb

Again, this is one of my favorite series. However, the covers just don't do the stories justice in my opinion. I put off reading these books for a long time because I just couldn't see the interest in them. They feel cold and boring to me.




8. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

I haven't read this book, but I'm looking forward to it. However, if I saw the book on a shelf and didn't know and love Lisa's writing style, I would pass it up. The cover just doesn't draw me in.


9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Yeah, I know why it's the picture of the eye - I know. It just freaks me out.

10. The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris

The original covers just make me laugh. I don't like the cartoon look. They remind me of the TV show Bewitched for some reason.



Comments

  1. It's funny when I was first scrolling through the post I first thought of Cyer's Cross before I saw it. The cover's just o.k., but the book is amazing you will not be disapointed.

    The Sookie sereis covers are comical looking and don't fit the actual story. Also, whenever I see the glitter it reminds me of Edward.

    Covers I think need new designs:
    *The Giver-it creeped me out as a pre-teen
    *His Dark Materials series-Too kidish looking
    *Companions of the Night-one of the best YA Vampire books I've read, but you wouldn't think so by looking at the cover


    One that have gotten new designs and thank goodness:
    Vampire Kisses series

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly are many look-a-like book covers these days, especially among YA titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of liked the cover of The Help... I know it's boring, but somehow it sort of fit the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Topic! I may be stealing it for a Friday Five. I love The Host cover LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the In Death covers. They are rather boring aren't they ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!