Weekly Lark 4/20/11

The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: In honor of the upcoming holiday, what are some of your favorite Easter traditions?

Andrea: Typically i would spend the day with my family andwe have a big home cooked lunch that my mom, grandma, and aunt prepare. This year I have no major plans. Easter does mean Peeps, though- I love those things!
Paula: There is usually a family dinner; those are getting more and more meaningful for me as the years go by. The bunny leaves a basket of goodies for each of my kids, including trinkets like hair barrettes and small toys, as well as candy. I love Peeps, too- especially after they've been sitting out all night.
Tevya: We always go to my grandparents' house and dye eggs with my grandma. Even now that all of us cousins are grown, with our own kids. It is still something we look forward to each year.

Dear readers, I must share that Tevya doesn't have Peeps in her entry because she didn't eat them as a child- she didn't even know what they were until she was an adult.
Cue the giant gasp. I know, right? :)


Comments

  1. Even though I'm 22 years old, my mom still gives me an Easter basket, which usually contains a book. She's pretty awesome if I do say so myself. When I was younger she used to make a scavenger hunt out of it with plastic Easter eggs and they would eventually lead me to my basket. I also love the home cooked food my family makes. I am not a peep fan, but I do love to make bird's nest cookies with Hershey colored eggs in the middle! Yum...I want to bake now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devan! Thanks for stopping by. I love the idea of getting books for Easter! The scavenger hunt would be fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!