Waiting on Wednesday: Drink Deep



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at 
Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on....


Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires #5)
By: Chloe Neill
(Release Date: November 2011)

I am really anxious to get my hands on this one after the ending of Hard Bitten. I trust Chloe Neill and her vision, but that one was a hard one to swallow for sure.

Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can't tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven't been this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet. If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down. 

That's when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly. 

Chicago's mayor insists it's nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She'll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who's behind this, and stop them before it's too late for vampires and humans alike.

Comments

  1. I still need to start this series, everytime I see it I think it looks great!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series but was devastated after reading Hard Bitten!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Book Sake - I love 'em and would highly recommend them.

    @Sharon - I was pretty bummed by Hard Bitten too, but Chloe has said several times that we just need to trust her. I am trying my hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I'm still on the third one in this series but am excited to keep going!

    Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!