Weekly Lark 9/14/11



The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of
or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: Most readers agree that the book is nearly always better than the movie. Name a movie that is, in your opinion, better than the book.


Paula: The Princess Bride. The book is really good, and the movie script follows the book very closely. The iconic performances push the movie over the top, though.
Tevya: Ditto Paula's answer. Love, love, LOVE The Princess Bride!
Tiffany: Oh, crap. I can think of a couple but I'm not currently prepared for a lynch mob, just zombies. Ok, here it goes- wait, lemme get the flamethrower and spam- ok, I'm ready. Lord of the Rings. I can never show my face at ComicCon again. I think the books are brilliant, but the movies are my favorites. 
Andrea: I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to say Breaking Dawn. I hated the book so there isn't anything the movie can ruin for me. 
Julie: I agree with Andrea. I loathe the book, so the movie can only go up from there.
Michelle: Is this a trick question?? Honestly, the only that comes straight to my mind is the Virgin Suicides.



Comments

  1. lol this is awesome.

    stop by my blog? I have an interview with the author and review of Seers by Heather Frost! she needs some comment love!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blade Runner. While I like Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K Dick, the movie is better

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closest I have come to finding a movie I liked more than the book was probably Harry Potter. But really it is almost like they are two entirely different things. I do like the long version of Pride and Prejudice. Instead of reading the book when I want a fix I just pull out the movie. So much more convenient. For some of the great movies out there I haven't read the books so I couldn't really say. Although, if asked what was the worst movie from book translation I would have to say Eragon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!