Cover Crazy: Switched


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

This week I chose to feature Switched by Amanda Hocking. Hocking's story is inspirational to me since she has done so well as an Indie author. Her success through nontraditional publishing methods has now caught the notice of major publishers and this book is reprint of one of her earlier series. I haven't read this, but I have it on my wishlist. This cover caught my eye immediately because of the red. I was mesmerized by the title and the swirls around it. It took me awhile to move past that to notice the looming structure in the background and the flowers surrounding the girl. There is a magical quality to this cover. It is gorgeous - 'nuff said.



Comments

  1. The cover art of books can really influence me as to whether I decide to buy a book or not. I know it shouldn't be that way because I could miss out on some great stories all because I wasn't impressed with the cover. But as someone who has done graphic design for many years, a graphically pleasing design (or even an awesome font used for the title) can really do wonders. And the cover art for Switched is great!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I really like all the covers from this series, though I haven't been able to read this series yet, but it is definitely on my TBR. Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/cover-crazy-8/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally buy this on the basis of its cover alone!

    Here's my Cover Crazy

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover!
    Here’s my Cover Crazy post for this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It's really amazing what's she's done. I agree with VanillaOrchids; I can be too snobby about design because I'm so into it!

    I like the new packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover too. It's really beautiful. I wish I could design like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!