Cover Crazy: A Beautiful Evil


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

I really loved the first book in this series so I am so excited for this one! I love the darkness of the cover - it fits so well with the story line. I also like the nod to Ari's heritage by placing the snake at the end of her braid. The purple flowers on the top of the cover look like they are growing on a trellis or an iron fence of some sort which makes me think of the Deep South. Since the book is set in the future in the ruins of New Orleans - this imagery works really well. The hands on the girl's shoulders kind of creep me out. I am assuming they are hers, but they very well could be someone else. Is this an embrace or something more menacing? I certainly like this cover way better than the cover that went with book one, Darkness Becomes Her. What do you think of this cover? 




Comments