Cover Crazy: Crewel



Crewel (Crewel World, #1)    
The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

I confess: I have plans to attend a signing for this book this evening. I am so very excited that this book is getting so much buzz, and the author is a local for me. :)
I also confess that, should I see this cover on the shelf, it would call to me. The colors are eye-catching. The swirl in the graphics and the title treatment suggest that things inside the pages are not as straightforward as they at first seem. The point of view suggests that there is some force looking down at the main character, either watching over her or observing her, possibly considering how she can be manipulated.
I could almost create a story based on this graphic, which leads me to want to read the story that it actually represents. Isn't that what a good cover is supposed to do, anyway? 



.

Comments