Teaser Tuesday: Blood Brothers & Centuries of June



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!    
    Hiding the vehicle in the shrubbery, he then collected the shotgun from the back and, securing it tight under his arm, he proceeded up the bank; ducking and diving so as not to be seen. On foot he moved with speed and cunning; like the hunter after its prey.
    ~ Blood Brothers by Josephine Cox, pg. 181
     


On a hot night in June, I left the baby with a neighbor and found Harchard by the Place Conga and together we went to a darker part of town where an empty stables stood and no eyes could profane the ceremony. Two women bound me in strips of purple cloth and put sandals on my feet, and I entered the cell with twenty others, men and women both.

~ Centuries of June by Keith Donohue, pg. 171

Comments

  1. The first one just hit me today. Not sure why, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both teasers, well chosen.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-adam-eve.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow both teasers sound really interesting!

    Trish - Check out my Teaser Tuesday HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing teasers! Both of them make you want to know more, and what came before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! great teasers!! I love both the teasers and it wants me to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great teasers, just enough information to get you wondering and not enough to make you want to know whats going on. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Teasers! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific Teasers!

    Returning the follow! Have a great week!

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are great!

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/teaser-tuesdays-aug-9/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great teasers. very gripping. :D

    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like both teasers! The imagery of the second one is just beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, that's just not fair...my TBR pile is already huge and now I'm gonna have to add two more. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't heard of either of these books but great teasers! I'm off to look them up a bit more, especially the second one...

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I'd say he's up to no good in Blood Brothers.

    Not sure about the other one.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-8-9-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very intriguing teasers! You can see mine at http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-892011-trouble-with.html
    Have a great week! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of these books, but I like the teasers, especially the one from Centuries of June. I'll have to add that to my to-read list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting teasers this week! Great post. :)

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-and-giveaway-sunrise-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. These teaseres were really intresting, and the Blood Brothers one reminded me of the play :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting, particularly the second one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you like the teaser, you should really read the rest of the book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!