Teaser Tuesday: The Archived, Warm Bodies, Prodigy, & The Girl in the Wall


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


A confession: sometimes I dream of being normal. I dream about this girl who looks like me and talks like me, but isn't me. I know she's not, because she has this open smile and she laughs too easily, like Lynds. She doesn't have to wear a silver ring or a rusted key. She doesn't read the past or hunt the restless dead. I dream of her doing mundane things.

~ The Archived by Victoria Schwab, Kindle Location 482



The excitement in her voice makes me wince. I hope she can't see the grim light in my eyes. I don't know for sure, but there is something in the air lately, a deathly stillness as I walk through the city and its outskirts, that tells me the days of running away from problems are over. There will be no more vacations, no road trips, no tropical getaways. The plague has covered the world.

~ Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion, pg. 134



"Ms. Iparis," Thomas says, putting his palms flat on the table. "We can continue like this forever, and you can just keep being snide and shaking your head until you collapse from exhaustion. I don't want to hurt you. You have a chance to redeem yourself to the Republic. In spite of everything you've done, I've received word from my higher-ups that they still consider you to be quite valuable."

~ Prodigy by Marie Lu, Kindle Location 1217



I am crying, which is weird because I don't actually feel anything, just a cold numbness to the core. But tears are there and my nose is starting to get stuffed up. Still, I feel nothing, just the surreal emptiness, like a dark cavern where my insides used to be. And the knowledge that I will not look out again at the bodies.

~ The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab, pg. 21


Comments

  1. I cant wait to read Warm Bodies! I must make time for that book soon! Great teasers!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome teasers! Especially liked The Archived and Warm Bodies (I want to read this so bad!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Archived is sooo good. It's very creepy and different. I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like she dreams of the life she wants.
    The second teaser is kind of gloomy, but in a good way.
    Man, the second time today I got smacked with the fact I need a copy of Legend......
    And the last is too somber for me. Like kill me already..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice teases!! Keep debatng over Warm Bodies myself! The movie looks entertaining, yet I would want to read the book first obviously!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw Warm Bodies and I can't wait to read the book. I like the archived teaser, I think I'll add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - do it! The Archived is a very creative take on a paranormal thriller. I'm loving it!

      Delete
  6. Read The Archived and Warm Bodies recently, really liked them both!

    Here's mine from John Green & David Levithan's Will Grayson, Will Grayson :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!