Book Boyfriend: Vane Weston



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

Let the Sky Fall (Let the Sky Fall, #1) 
My Book Boyfriend is. . . 
Vane Weston


from Let the Sky Fall 
by Shannon Messenger
For this post I've chosen actor Logan Lerman as the face of Vane.


Facts about Vane: 
* He's a survivor of a category-five tornado that killed his parents.
* He was adopted at age 8 and moved from Nebraska to California
* He's 17 years old
* He doesn't really date, because the only girl he is really interested in is the one he sees in his dreams every night.
* He proclaims himself as lazy
* He has allergic reactions to any medication
* He's modest about his affect on girls
* He's never kissed a girl
* He has some pretty special abilities (but I can't spoil you!)


Appearance:  

* girls notice him; he's very attractive. His face is chiseled, with symmetrical features.
* hair is short and dark brown
* eyes are stunning; blue that is nearly clear, reminiscent of ice
* he's built- tall, incredible abs, sculpted tan muscles, long, graceful limbs

  Vane quotes: 

Vane doesn't seem to be grasping the gravity of our situation. Either that or he truly is the most annoying boy on the planet. Probably both. ~ Audra, page 88

He puts his arms on either side of me, caging me between them. My heart slams against my chest so hard it feels like it will bruise me from the inside out. All I have to do is shove him away and I'll be free. But I'm afraid to touch him, to feel that strange heat spread through me. That would be more dangerous than meeting his eyes. ~ Audra, page 116


He takes my hands, gently locking our fingers together. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Audra." I look away, battling back the explosion of emotions erupting inside me. My palms tingle so hard from his touch, they practically throb. ~ Audra, page 151


Why Vane is my Book Boyfriend: As I've said before- who doesn't love tall, dark and handsome? Vane is the type to be gorgeous without acting like he knows it, and be heroic without acting like it's a big deal. He's extraordinary, partially because of how ordinary he considers himself. Once he's set his mind on winning one particular girl, no one else will do- and he devotes himself wholly to her, even before she returns the interest. Hot and devoted: every girl's dream. :)



Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!