Book Boyfriend: Cade Winston
We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this feature while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.
Cade Winston from Faking It by Cora Carmack
* Pretty tall
* Short brown curly hair
* Gorgeous in an all-American model way
* Clean cut, dimples, slight crinkle lines around his eyes.
* Basically, super hot
Facts about Cade:
* He went to acting school with Bliss and Garrick from Losing It.
* He moved to Philadelphia after graduating to try and make it.
* Cade volunteers with little kids in an after-school program.
* Cade was hopelessly in love with Bliss for a long time, and she only ever saw him as a best friend.
* Cade is a bit cocky, but knows when to dial it back.
* Cade calls his love interest, Max, Angry Girl. She calls him Golden Boy.
* When Max mistakenly thinks Cade is gay, he decides to convince her he isn’t with a smoking hot kiss. (melts)
* Cade isn’t a fighter, but he stands up for Max when she needs him.
“This was the kind of guy libraries should use in advertising if they wanted more people to read.” Max on Cade
“My name is Cade Winston – MFA student, volunteer, mom-hugger, and your boyfriend for the next twenty-four hours. It’s nice to meet you.”
I knelt beside her and pushed a lock of hair out of her face. She didn’t look nearly so brave as she sounded.
“As much as I like the idea of ripping off your clothes, I think I’d better not.”
Her cheek was pressed flat against the futon, and she was only at half sass as she said, “Your loss.”
“As bizarre and... stimulating as your cheertastic confession was, I’m going to need a little bit more before I start baring my soul.” Cade to Max.
“You’re Golden Boy. You’re good at everything. You’re sweet, gorgeous, and probably stop to help little old ladies cross the street. If you can’t compete, the rest of us are completely f*cked.”
I smiled. Hearing her say I was gorgeous was a pretty good consolation prize.
“The other guy is British.”
She tossed her head back and laughed, and my eye caught on the smooth line of her neck. “Yeah, you’re sh*t out of luck, Golden Boy.”
Why he’s my Book Boyfriend:
Cade is a stealthy boy... he didn't pique my fancy much in Losing It, but he did earn my respect for being the faithful best friend to Bliss. So I wasn't sure how I would take him as a leading man... he totally blew me away! As well as being sensitive and kind, he has a wit that just wasn't obvious before. He is more my kind of guy than Garrick, that’s for sure, as I don’t feel like British men are that extra special... being a British girl, they don’t make me swoon with the accent. Cade knows just how to diffuse Max’s temper, and he soothes away her angst. He is there when she needs him, and he doesn't try to force his agenda. He is basically a 100% solid guy who has a distinctly naughty side, and as he’s in a New Adult book, I can also witness to his skills in the bedroom department. Perhaps for that reason alone he just took my Top Book Boyfriend spot over Jay Heaton from The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting.