Waiting on Wednesday: Faking Normal


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on:
Faking Normal
By: Courtney C. Stevens
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books

15726915

You know that feeling when you read a synopsis and think, "Ooooh, I have to read that one!" I got that feeling about this book. I look forward to finding out if it's as gritty and real as I think it could be.


An edgy, realistic, and utterly captivating novel from an exciting new voice in teen fiction.

Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.

A searing, poignant book, Faking Normal is the extraordinary debut novel from an exciting new author-Courtney C. Stevens.

Comments

  1. Wow this sounds good! Definitely going to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Just saw this at another blog stop. Where I ended up gushing over the girl's freckles! You rarely see freckles on a cover model!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a tough but cool read, one I might give a try even if I'm not very keen on contemporaries.


    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks intriguing. Hope you get to read it.

    My WOW          

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!