Waiting on Wednesday: Deliverance


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on:
Deliverance
By: C.J. Redwine
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

19099494

Book 3 of the Courier's Daughter series is almost here! I love reading YA featuring smart, capable young women, and this series is one of the best. I am excited to see how things turn out for Rachel, Logan, and the former inhabitants of Baalboden. It will be fun to be reading Logan's pro and con lists again. :)


Everything hangs in the balance, and nothing is certain: Rachel has been kidnapped by enemy forces and is being taken to Rowansmark while Logan, imprisoned and awaiting trial, is unable to leave Lankenshire. Separated from each other and their Baalboden comrades, each must find a way to achieve what they desperately want: to rid their world once and for all of the Commander and the tech that controls the deadly Cursed One.

Fighting through her pain and embracing the warrior she’s become, Rachel will do whatever it takes to escape her enemies’ clutches and join Logan in his fight. But when she learns a secret that changes everything, she realizes that escaping Ian and his tracker friends is no longer an option if she wants to save the people she loves. Instead, she’ll have to destroy Rowansmark from the inside out—if she can survive the journey through the Wasteland.

Logan needs allies if he wants to thwart Rowansmark’s power grab and rescue Rachel. But securing allies will mean betraying his beliefs and enlisting the help of the man he hates more than anyone: Commander Jason Chase. Driven by his fierce love for Rachel and his determination to make their world safe, Logan may be just the weapon the city-states need to defeat the Cursed One.

But as Rowansmark bears down and uneasy alliances are tested, will Rachel and Logan’s love for each other be enough to surmount the unbelievable odds against them?

Comments

  1. Loved the first book, just need to catch up soon. :) Great pick,

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet but I adore the covers! =)

    my WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is new to me, must check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! I couldn't get into the first book myself, but still remain a fan of these covers!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to start this series soon. I'm trying to wait until the release of this is closer, so I can read the books one after the other if I want to. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't actually read the other books nor the blurbs, I want this series on the covers alone!

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the covers for this series. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! I agree, the covers are very pretty. The story inside is just as wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!