Novella Review: Changing Everything

Changing Everything (Forgiving Lies #2.5)
Published By: William Morrow Impulse
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Page Count: 112
Buy it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble
Source: ARC Kindly Provided by Publisher via Edelweiss
Audience: New Adult - Contemporary 

It's no secret that I am a McAdams fangirl. Muppet flails and heart palpitations ensue every time I see a new release from her. I enjoyed the Forgiving Lies novels so I was excited to get a chance to read Eli and Paisley's story sooner rather than later. Full confession - I couldn't remember who these characters were when I first began reading this one. I asked the lovely Molly McAdams herself and she quickly replied that Eli is the brother of Candace and Rachel. That instantly jogged my memory and allowed me to settle into the story.

Eli is a handsome, successful young man who has been best friends with Paisley since they were kids. Eli is oblivious to the fact that Paisley is desperately in love with him and always has been. Can these two ever elevate their relationship beyond the friend zone? 

In true McAdams fashion, Changing Everything is memorable, romantic, and steamy. In fact, I think this might be her steamiest story yet. I spent quite a few chapters blushing. I typically prefer more left to the imagination, but for some reason the detail in this one didn't bother me. I suppose much like Paisley, I had fallen under Eli's spell.

I loved that Paisley and Eli are such good friends. I think that's an important piece to forming a strong foundation in any relationship. The banter between these two was hysterical and I genuinely liked spending time with them. I even have a new item to add to my bucket list thanks to this duo - staying at the Crystal Pier Cottages. This element of the story had me googling to see if it was a real place. 

My only complaint was the length. I wanted to spend more time with Eli and Paisley.


One Last Gripe: I was a little frustrated when Eli went into caveman mode.

Favorite Thing About This Book: The friendships - I loved them all! 

First Sentence: I fidgeted with my coffee cup as I tried to find the courage to say what I'd held back for so long.

Favorite Character: Paisley

Least Favorite Character: The "Oompa Loompa"



Paisley Morro has been in love with Eli since they were thirteen-years-old. But after twelve years of only being his best friend and wingman, the heartache that comes from watching him with countless other women becomes too much, and Paisley decides its time to lay all her feelings on the table.

Eli Jenkins has a life most guys would kill for: Dream job, countless women, and his best friend, Paisley, to be the girl he can always count on for everything else. But one conversation not only changes everything between them, it threatens to make him lose the only girl who has ever meant anything to him.

When tragedy strikes his family and Eli is forced to reevaluate his life, he realizes a life without Paisley isn’t a life at all. Only now, he may be too late.


Comments