Cover Crazy: The Waking Land


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


This cover originally caught my eye because of all the green. It's my favorite color, so I tend to take notice when it dominates a cover. I love that the girl's sillhouette is full of nature scenes and what appears to be a manor house. I wonder if the story has a conflict between progress and the natural world. I also want to understand more about the vines that are appearing out of the girl's hand. It makes me think that there is a fantasy or paranormal element about this character and her connection to nature. The colors and font choices make this cover a win in my book.

What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments