Friday Five
Friday Five is a meme from Eve's Fan Garden that we decided to get involved in. You can click the image below to go to the Eve's Fan Garden site.
We have several friends over at Eve's and wanted to support the work they do. We will feature the same topic each week that they do, but the original idea came from Cheryl Renee Herbsman's blog.
Today’s Friday Five is a double header – we want to know your top 5 books made into movies that worked and your top 5 books made into movies that failed. What would your answers be? Leave a comment and let us know.
Andrea:
Top 5 Books Made Into Movies That Worked
1. Interview with The Vampire
2. The Lovely Bones
3. Jurassic Park
4. Watchmen
5. Harry Potter Series
Top 5 Books Made Into Movies That Failed
1. Twilight - the movie just didn't do it for me like the book did; I was pretty disappointed once the fangirl moment of it actually being a movie faded
2. I Am Legend - the novella was so much better
3. Beastly - I haven't seen it yet, but none of the characters look right and I can tell it is going to be frustrating
4. The Golden Compass - Epic fail... that's all I'm saying
5. The Lightning Thief - nowhere near as good as the books
Tevya:
Top 5 Books Made Into Movies That Worked
1. The Princess Bride
2. Message in a Bottle
3. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
4. Gone with the Wind
5. Eclipse
1. The Princess Bride
2. Message in a Bottle
3. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
4. Gone with the Wind
5. Eclipse
Top 5 Books Made Into Movies That Failed
1. Twilight - the book was a million times better and less cheesy
2. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - the book is much cuter
3. Stuart Little - I'm not a fan of animation and acting mixed. I like one or the other.
4. The Scarlet Letter - Loved the book, movie was just ok
5. The Secret of NIMH - I like the world I imagined better than what the movie gave me
1. Twilight - the book was a million times better and less cheesy
2. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - the book is much cuter
3. Stuart Little - I'm not a fan of animation and acting mixed. I like one or the other.
4. The Scarlet Letter - Loved the book, movie was just ok
5. The Secret of NIMH - I like the world I imagined better than what the movie gave me



OH! I have the book for THe Princess Bride sitting on one of my shelves... is it just as good as the movie???
ReplyDeleteI just read I am Legend. I liked it as much as a movie because they were so completely different.
I totally agree with both of you about Twilight. It could have been so much better.
It's awesome you guys are doing the Friday Five!!! ~Donna
Thanks for stopping by Donna! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to decide if I want to see Beastly at all. The cast is so completely different from what the book describes that I'm not sure I'm going to waste my time. The only thing that makes me what to see it is Neil Patrick Harris playing Will.
ReplyDeleteAmy - I totally agree. I was really upset by the Beastly casting and how they changed the look of the Beast. I may see it when it comes to video, but I refuse to see it in the theater.
ReplyDelete