Cover Crazy: Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith



Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!
This week we are featuring Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith which is being released January 25th.
 
I love the romantic nature of this cover. The ruffles of the wedding dress make me think there is going to be some kind of marriage in this one. Since it's the third book in this series it has me wondering which character is wearing the dress and why her face is hidden. I also love the rose petals littering the ground and train of the dress. The red pops against the white and black. The red petals also make me think of blood droplets. There are several characters who are vampires so this is certainly an intriguing notion. I love the simplicity of this cover and the bold font used for the title.



Comments

  1. Oh yes, I love that dress. It's so pretty, especially with those rose petals. I wish the picture had panned out just a little more so we could see more of the dress.

    I don't love the font, but it does make me think of vampires. Nice cover pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Small Review - The font made me think of vampires too. It is almost like it has fangs. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Small Review it makes me think of vampire or a unearthly creature i think its because of the font and the black at the bottom of the page! beautiful cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather Lynn - Thanks for taking the time to stop by Reading Lark & comment!

    I agree with everyone. It's such a romantic cover, but at the same time....very vampish. The font totally looks like fangs, and the rose petals do look like blood droplets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really digging this cover as well. I'm so happy that I won Blessed this week. Thanks for checking out my pick for this week's Cover Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carmel - Congrats on winning Blessed. I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is so pretty, rose petals included! I agree with Small Reviews on the more-of-the-dress thing!Somehow the font makes it seem like a thriller or suspense novel, a scary element to the book! Is it (scary/creepy?)?
    Great pick!I love!

    here my Cover pick..
    http://blogonlinerandom.blogspot.com/2011/01/cover-crazy-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kiwi - Thanks for taking the time to stopy by and comment. I'm off to return the favor. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!