Teaser Tuesday: The Dark Divine

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.

*Open to a random page.
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading The Dark Divine by Bree Despain. This is a book that has been on my TBR pile for quite some time. I have been promising friends that I would read it, but then I got sucked up into the world of ARCs and new releases and books that I just HAD to read first. I finally got to The Dark Divine, and now I'm asking myself - why on earth did I wait so long to read this book? I cannot put it down!

Here's your teaser...

"I tried to stop thinking about that kiss. I tried to stop thinking about Daniel's reaction to my admission-that frightening look in his eyes. Daniel's words played in reverse in my head. I could never ask. I can't do this. I'm no hero. Your brother knows that. What did my brother know?"
~from The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


(Yeah, some teasers scream for more than just two sentences. I couldn't help myself.)





Comments

  1. Great teaser! This has been on my to-read pile for forever as well. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christin - I am loving it! It is worth pushing to the top of the TBR pile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nanny - Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fredamans - Thanks for taking the time to comment! I am loving it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!