Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This week they asked:
What are the top 10 books you resolve to read in 2011?

Here are our picks (Andrea = #1-5, Tevya = #6-10)

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 
I have always wanted to read this one, but never have for some reason. It is already loaded on the Kindle so now I will actually make it happen.

2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Yes, I am on some kind of Classics kick, but I love this one and haven't read it since my Senior year of high school. I figure it is time to brush the dust off and give it another go.


3. Devil in The White City by Erik Larson
Julie, my friend and fellow blogger, recommended this one to me as a great nonfiction book. I need to read one for the Branching Out Challenge so I am going to give this one a try.

4. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I have heard nothing but great things about this book. I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Not a major fan of science fiction, but I have to read one for Branching Out. My husband insisted that this one be my pick. He can be quite persistent when he wants to be.

6. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, the final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy

7. Tempest by Becca Fitzpatrick, the third book in the Hush, Hush series 

8. Passion by Lauren Kate, the third book in the Fallen series

9. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles, the third book in the Perfect Chemistry Trilogy

10. Where She Went by Gayle Forman, sequel to If I Stay


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Great list! Nightshade and Ender's Game are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, your list lets me know that there are so many books that I need on my radar for my library. Argh! There are so many series to keep track of. BTW- I really like The Devil in the White City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Chain Reaction, but I haven't read the 1st two books in the series. Perfect Chemistry is on my list of books to read in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debbie - I am glad to hear they are good. I am so excited. I just wish there were more hours in the day so I could read more. Thanks for stopping by!

    @Anne: I have just resigned myself to the fact that my TBR list is never going to get any smaller since there are so many great books out there. Thanks for checking out Reading Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix of classics, paranormal, and new releases! I am looking forward to Where She Went and Chain Reaction, and also interested in reading Ender's Game.
    Enjoy your reading adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kara - We are big fans of Simone's books here at Reading Lark. I hope you love Perfect Chemistry and the others in the series as much as we do.

    @thereadingdate - It seems like you have great tastes in books. Not that we're biased because they match ours or anything. :)

    Thank you both for stopping by Reading Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nightshade really is a good book.

    I need to read the others in the wolves of mercy falls. I read Shiver, and thought it was cute now I have to get linger and wait for forever to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ashley - Thanks for stopping by! I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Linger left me restless and uncertain, so I am really looking forward to Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your list! I'm (not so) patiently waiting for many of these books to! I'm a new follower!

    Sonette @ bookaholic-worm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Sonette! Your blog is so cute. I'm a new follower of yours, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nightshade is amazing!!! That is a book that every time I see the name or the cover, I get all giddy and go "I love that book!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for commenting on my list!! :")

    I loved both: The picture of Dorian Gray and Wuthering Heights!

    Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - such a glowing rec for Nightshade! Definitely adding it to my TBR pile as well. I love books that make me giddy when I think back on them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I received a beautiful copy of Wuthering Heights in high school, started it and couldn't really get into it, and haven't touched it since. It's really time I gave it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will love Ender's Game -- very psychological. And I'll bet that you'll also like Devil in the White City. Both are super cool (and completely different from each other).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited that I chose some good books! Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, it's ok to read a sci-fi that's YA for the branching out challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Melissa - Yes, YA Sci Fi is fine. You just can't use YA for fiction or romance. We did that to force ourselves to read something other than YA for those categories.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Ender's Game. Hope you will, too.

    And Devil is on my list as well. I will finish this book in 2011.

    Here's my list of books I will read in 2011: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Deb - Thanks for checking us out. I have heard great things about Ender's Game so I expect I will love it. Thanks for following Reading Lark. I am off to check out your list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!