Friday Five 2/11/11

We have several friends over at Eve's and wanted to support the work they do. We will feature the same topic each week that they do, but the original idea came from Cheryl Renee Herbsman's blog.


This week Eve's Fan Garden is talking about love...


We want to know five things you love the most about reading.

1. I love the escape from the day to day.


2. I love to experience the rush of first love, or love rediscovered, again and again and again. The racing heart, the butterflies, the obsession and excitement.


3. I love the out-of-this world experiences. From vampires to shape shifters, witches and faeries, it's so much fun to explore the lore and legend, romance and excitement of the paranormal universe.


4. I love the places I get to visit. Some of my favorite locations include Ireland, New York, the Pacific Northwest, and New Orleans (yeah, this one is in my own back yard, but it's still fun to read about). I also love the fictional locations full of mystique and beauty.


5. I'm totally stealing this answer from Donna at Eve's Fan Garden. I was going to write something similar to her bonus answer, but she said it so much better than I could have...
"I never thought it was possible but a side effect of my love of reading has brought together groups of people whom I have come to call my friends. Through online book clubs and my local book club, I have had the pleasure of making many friends with whom I can talk about books and all the things I love about them (or sometimes hate about them). " (Visit Eve's for the rest of their answers!)


Expanding on what Donna said - The friends that I have made through my passion for reading have enriched my life so much. These women are my very best friends, the people who lift me up... and bring me back down when I've gone too far ;). They are my vacation partners and my partners in crime. They are my sisters of the heart, my soul sisters. So here's a shout out to all of my girls both near and far (you know who you are) - TM friends, my BDB friends, my DH friends... I love y'all and I'm so thankful for your presence in my life! Andrea - You are my bestie. Look where reading has gotten us! :)


*Whew - that will teach ya to ask me to talk about love and reading in the same post. ;)*

Comments

  1. Well said, Tev! I am so thankful books brought us together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some of the same for me. I love the escapism and I'm SUCH a romantic that I adore falling in love book after book. I'm also very lucky to have met some of my very best friends because of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Tev! I'm so glad that reading brought us all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all of what you said, Tev! I'm so thankful for all of my "book club" friends. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with it all, especially meeting all of you I never dreamed I would make so many friends from something I love to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!