Friday Five 2/4/11

We have several friends over at Eve's and wanted to support the work they do. We will feature the same topic each week that they do, but the original idea came from Cheryl Renee Herbsman's blog.
This week, Eve's Fan Garden asks....
Today we want to talk about biographies. Tell us about five biographies you have read or would like to read.
Andrea:
I am not a huge fan of biographies but I was able to come up with a few (I have read some on the first three, the last two I'd be interested in reading):
1. Abigail Adams - the original girl power writer - I love reading about her
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower - I love the books Stephen Ambrose wrote about him
3. Rose Greenhow - I am an Antebellum/Civil War nerd so her story has always fascinated me! Who doesn't love a good spy story?
4. Jack London - Since I have moved to the Seattle area I have found myself fascinated by its history and famous writers who have spent part of their lives in the city
5. Kurt Cobain - Again, I blame Seattle, well and being a teen in the 90's
P.S. - I love that my list seems so much more educational than Tevya's, LOL.
Tevya:
This is an interesting one for me because I don't read biographies. So, these are the people that I find most fascinating, and I would love to read all about their lives.
1. John F. Kennedy
2. Jackie O.
3. JFK, Jr.
4. Princess Diana
5. Cher
LOL - I guess this says a lot about my personality and my interests, doesn't it?


Great lists!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read the Eisenhower Bio but I LOVE Stephen Ambrose- I have a whole section of his books on my shelf!
@Kate - I am a big fan of Ambrose too. I have most of his books. He had such a wonderful way of writing history books. They felt like actual stories and not just a string of dates and facts. We lost a great historian when he passed away.
ReplyDelete