Waiting on Wednesday: Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.
This week I am waiting on....
Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later
By: Francine Pascal 

So, before I post the info on this one I just have to say that when I heard about this book I totally freaked out. I remember as a kid reading all the Sweet Valley High books and loving them. I was younger when the books came out and had to wait until middle school. By then many of the books had been out for awhile, but I adored them. I always wanted to be Elizabeth Wakefield when I grew up. These books along with The Babysitters Club & Nancy Drew are what first triggered the love of reading for me. Okay, enough talking from me....


Summary from Goodreads:

Now with this striking new adult novel from author and creator Francine Pascal, millions of devoted fans can finally return to the idyllic Sweet Valley, home of the phenomenally successful book series and franchise. Iconic and beloved identical twins Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield are back and all grown up, dealing with the complicated adult world of love, careers, betrayal, and sisterhood.


Check out the cool website devoted to the new grown up Wakefields and read the first chapter!


Comments

  1. I somehow missed this series in my youth, but I love the idea of returning to old favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woh! Adult series about Jess and Eliz? very cool and weird all at the same time

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel: They are re-releasing the series if you want to read them. They modernized them a bit, but the essentials are still the same.

    @Sniffly Kitty: I am just so excited that I haven't had time to think about how odd it will be if things aren't the way I think they should be, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read these... but it's so cool that something like this would be written! I would love to revisit a favorite childhood series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!