Cover Crazy: Crusade




Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!





This week we are featuring Crusade, by Linda Press Wulf. This is just a beautiful cover, one that makes me want to pick up the book and read it. The first thing that catches my eyes is the striking contrasts in the girl. Her fair skin agains her dark hair and the dark blanket she seems to be holding. She looks innocent, but there is also something in her eye that hints at rebellion and adventure. I love the water and the castle in the background and the lacy designs on the bottom. The red lettering and cross design really pop against the dark blanket. It's a serene cover, but at the same time, there is a feeling of an undercurrent in the air, a ripple of something stirring. I have not read this book, nor do I know anything about it yet, so I may be way off base in this description. It's what I get from looking at the cover. I like the cover enough that I will be investigating the book a little more. This is one that I'd like to read based soley on the cover.



Comments

  1. This is a very pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just like it because it has a Fleur Di leis on it. I have no idea if I spelled that right, but you know what I am talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!