Cover Crazy: In The Shadow of the Lamp


Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!

This week we are featuring In The Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap which will be released in April 2011.

I chose this cover because I loved the look of the girl - the soft curls and green dress instantly caught my eye. I also am assuming that there is something important about this lamp. I love that it has the girl totally fixated. It reminded me of how women would leave a candle burning in a window to guide the men they loved home when they were away on a journey. I also love the font the words Shadow and Lamp are written in.


Comments

  1. Andrea, thanks for choosing my cover! The lamp is significant: it's a historical novel where a young parlormaid goes with Florence Nightingale (the lady with the lamp) to the Crimea to tend to wounded and dying soldiers—and falls in love with two different men. I love the cover too. I'm very fortunate that Bloomsbury has such good designers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is really beautiful! I'll buy this book, just because the cover XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous cover, I agree. The book sounds really good too -- a girl going to the Crimea with Florence Nightingale? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Susanne - Thank you for stopping by and leaving us a comment. :)

    @-petit & Becca C. - I am excited to read this one too! I love good historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover! I'm going to add this to my reading list now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Covers are very important to me in whether I will give a book a second glance. I was suprised to learn that the author doesn't always have a lot of say with the cover design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!