Cover Crazy: Tris & Izzie


Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!

I am featuring Tris & Izzie at the request of one of our bloggers, Paula. I love the boat and petals on this cover. I also really dig the font and color of the font for the title. However, I am not a big fan of the models. The girl's expression creeps me out and the guy just looks like he hopped off a surfboard and onto this boat. I know that Paula will be by later to comment on what attracted her to the cover.



Comments

  1. the cynical side of me just screams "of course, that's just a common occurence with teens these days, right? Boats and shirtless men and flower petals."
    It's like.. what are these pubs aiming for with covers like these? /rant
    Ah well, i guess it looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that cover--thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait- you didn't like the models? I lurves the whole thing! They boy's lack of a shirt signifies vulnerability to me. I like my YA boys to have a sensitive side. :) The girl's facial expression says, "I've got some heavy duty stuff on my mind. Open the book and find out what it is." Because if she can be draped across that hottie and still look that despondent, something is definitely up. And she's looking back, as if she has regrets. I wanna know why!

    The colors are absolutely magnificent. the petals falling from the sky signify that the story is beautiful, but not quite realistic- and y'all know how I like my YA paranormal/fantasy romance.

    I am very excited to see if the advance reviews match up to my expectations based on this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great cover on "Tris and Izzie"
    I just heard from the publisher of my novel last week. They agreed to publish and one of the next steps is cover art.
    Mike Draper
    Stop over at my blog and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover too, Paula. I agree with everything you said. Although - I hope that sensitive hottie has a little bit of a bad boy inside of him too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful cover and it's the first time I've seen it before, so thanks for your post. :) I hope you're having a great evening!

    -Sandra @ http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a perfect choice for a Cover Crazy post! I love the soft colours and the petals all around them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Paula - The models just make it look like a lot of YA covers out there right now. I'm also nervous because I know the historical story this is based on and I just hope its as good as the original.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!