Top Ten Tuesday: 3/8/11

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Dynamic Duos
These are the BFFs, partners in crime, powerful couples, and general groups of awesome people that we just can't get out of our heads!

1-5 are Andrea's picks, 6-10 are Tevya's picks...


1. Andrea and Tevya.... wait? Oh, you meant book duos. Okay, let me try again....
Oh, that's a good one! We are quite the duo, aren't we? :)

1. Amy & Richard - The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
Who doesn't like a little crime fighting action in their romance? These two have sizzling moments and butt kicking moments. Perfection!

2. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley - The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Do I truly need to explain this one? I know Hermione fits in there too, but since it was a duo I went with the bros before witches logic.

3. Violet and Jay - The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting
Maybe I chose them because I am reading Desires of the Dead and they are on my mind, but I love this pairing. They are best friends turned something more. These two character truly care about one another and always have each others back. I have loved watching their relationship evolve and can't wait to see what happens in future books.

4. Anne & Diana - Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery
I loved watching these girls grow up. Their friendship was something I always wanted to imitate with my own friends in my younger years.

5. Claire & Shane - The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine
I love this pairing. I love these characters. I love this series. You must go read it. NOW.

6. Eve Dallas and Roarke - J. D. Robb's In Death series
They are my power couple. I love how kick-butt Eve is and how Roarke brings out the vulnerability that she doesn't see in herself. The dynamics of their relationship adds such depth to both characters as well as to each In Death story.

7. Vishous and Butch - J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series
V and Butch crack me up. Their bantering brings so much fun and humor to these books.

8. Sam and Grace - The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
Sam and Grace are so beautiful together. Their love is innocent and sweet; it's a forever love that has survived much and has challenges still to face. *sigh* Sam *sigh 'Nuff said.

9. Eve Dallas and Delia Peabody - J. D. Robb's In Death series
I know, I'm back to In Death. I love watching Eve and Peabody work together though. Peabody is a perfect match for Eve's sarcasm, and has this huge love for life. She is the total opposite of Eve and yet they compliment each other beautifully professionally and in friendship. If I could have added in a third person, I would totally have added Mavis Freestone here. I love Mavis!

10. Katniss and Peeta - The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Their partnership kept them alive - literally. And who didn't sob during Mockingjay while reading about what was done to Peeta and the challenge that brought to their relationship. "Real or not real?" *sigh*

And because I just can't stop myself....
11. Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara
12. Romeo and Juliet

*sigh* I guess I have to stop now...Can't wait to hear your thoughts. What are your Dynamic Duos?









Comments

  1. This Katniss and Peeta are on a lot of lists...so gonna have to read that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Violet and Jay. Their relationship was so super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam and Grace were on my list in spirit. ;) And I cheated a bit by including Hermione in my listing for Harry Potter. I still need to check out The Body Finder since I've seen pairings from that book on several other bloggers' lists. :)

    Happy reading!
    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know only know 1 and 4!

    Wonderful listings here!

    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't read quite a few of these. I have heard lots of good things about Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God! Vishous and Butch! I totally agree! They have such good chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with both your choices on the In Death series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I had a tough choice between Eve and Roarke and Eve and Peabody, but ended up choosing the former.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great choices! I really liked Jay & Violet too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne & Diana: two favorites from childhood - what a lovely choice!
    And I too considered Katniss and Peeta so I'm glad that you included them.
    This challenge was a challenge for me: the opposite of your "do I have to stop now" abundance. I'm glad so many great character duos blossomed in your memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!