Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 4/1/11

Book Blogger Hop


"Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"


Tevya: Well, I will never forget the year in elementary school, maybe first or second grade, when all of our teachers packed us up to go home, telling us that we were getting out of school early. (This was mid-morning, before lunch.) They lined us all up and brought us out to the bus ramp...and then said "April Fool's!" I've always thought that was cruel.


Andrea: I really have no answer for this one. :)




"What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving??"


Tevya: I'm really a take-me-as-I-am kinda girl. I love a good smutty romance novel, I love YA and paranormal romance, most of what I read is not considered highly intellectual or "quality literature". I'm not afraid to admit to loving any of the books I love because here's the thing... I read for pleasure. I read to escape and to have fun. I read because I love to read and reading makes me happy. I don't think I should have to make excuses for what makes me happy and I don't look to other people for approval of my reading material. And for the record, I don't judge others for what they read and which books they love. Different strokes for different folks - if we all enjoyed the same things, this world would be a boring place and a lot of authors would be out of business. So tell me what you like to read - which books you really love - say it loud, and say it proud! You have nothing to be ashamed of because there is always someone out there who is going to say "Me tooo! I'm so glad I finally found someone who enjoys the same things I do!"


Andrea: The Twilight Saga because it has become such

a dorky thing. There is such a huge stigma attached to the series now that even those of us who loved the books before they were popular are embarrassed to admit to loving them.



Comments

  1. I think this week's question was a tough one! I have to agree- loving what you love to read is all that really matters. And, not judging others is also important! :)

    I do get embarrassed sometimes when people have weird or awkward reactions, but that's few and far between.

    I'm a new follower and am looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny...my sister did the same thing to her students too.

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mean teachers! That's not a nice trick to play on little kids. Shame on them.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!