Cover Crazy: Still Waters


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.


I stumbled upon this book during my blog hopping for Waiting on Wednesday this week. I instantly fell in love with this cover. I love how the background is a consistent black so that the blues in the foreground pop. The combination of the black and blue gives me a feeling of coldness and sadness. I also love that the blues they chose make me think of the shades of water, which works nicely with the title. It also makes me think of the old saying - Still waters run deep. Perhaps the cover artist was using that saying to create this image. I also like the expression on her face. It's unclear to me if she is dead or sleeping; she looks so peaceful. What are your thoughts on this one?







Comments

  1. I love the cover, and the use of the darker black in the background really does help the blue colors of the foreground stand out beautifully. :) It reminds me a bit of Ophelia from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Lovely choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DJL - Now that you mention it, she does look like Ophelia. I knew there was something familiar about it, but I couldn't land on what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. The cover for Still Waters is so pretty and the shade of blue/green they're used for her dress and the water lilies is absolutely lovely on the eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for finding my post last week and commenting! :) I'm glad Glow is on your TBR now!

    The girl on the cover reminds me of Ophelia as well! Good eye, DJL!

    I love all the blue and the way her dress matches the flowers in the water and the font. She seems too serene to be dead. I want to know more now, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!