Friday Five 4/1/11

We have several friends over at Eve's Fan Garden and wanted to support the work they do. We will feature the same topic each week that they do, but the original idea came from Cheryl Renee Herbsman's blog.

This week, EFG posted this topic.....

This week we are looking for the top five funniest books you have ever read. Books that had you laughing out loud. Crying tears of joy!

1.  Going Bovine by Libba Bray - This should not have been funny. I mean the poor kid has mad cow disease for gosh sake, but you can't help but be amused.

2. Zombies vs. Unicorns Edited by Holly Black & Justine Larbalestier - I listened to this on audio and hearing the two authors and all the sound effects really heightened the experience for me. The stories also made me giggle numerous times. I have to admit though - I am Team Zombie.

3. Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story by Christopher Moore  - I love Christopher Moore's sense of humor. This one kept me laughing from start to finish.

4. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie - Even though this book deals with some pretty serious issues, it still delivers quite the dose of humor. Junior's personality and sense of humor shine through the pages.

5. The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks - The fact that the vampires eat guinea pigs was enough to provide many hysterical moments.

Comments

  1. Going Bovine is on my to read. Haven't read Bloodsucking Friends, but I love Christopher Moore. Fool & Dirty Job made me laugh out loud. He cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!