Sunday Confessions 4/17/11

Sunday Confessions is a weekly meme from To Read or Not To Read. This week Marcie asks...

Have you ever been to a book signing?


Tevya: I live in a very small town, and we don't get any authors here. However, I did attend a luncheon this past November at which one of my favorite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon, was the keynote speaker. She, along with may other romance authors, held a signing for us after the luncheon. I attended with a group of very good friends, and we had a blast. The wait for Sherrilyn Kenyon's table was long, but it was well worth it. She was amazing. She took time to sign everything we brought (and you should have seen our fellow Lark, Michelle's stack alone), and also took the time to visit and take pictures with us individually and and as a group. I would love to go to more signings, and hope I can make it to a few in the near future.


Andrea: Yes, I have been to several book signings. The most recent one was for Kimberly Derting when Desires of the Dead was released.



Comments

  1. I've been fortunate enough to meet several authors at educational events, but the only signing I recall having attended was a Stephenie Meyer signing when The Host was published. It was right after Twilight the movie was filmed, and the mania was just getting going. It was SO exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stack was embarrassing large to say the least and earned me several dirty looks, which is why I waited until the end. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's great to know she is so nice. Seeing Kimberly Derting sounds life fun too. It sounds like a great time. Thanks for participating in Sunday Confessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paula - Lucky you! I'm jealous!

    @Michelle - It was cool that we waited, we were able to spend a little more time with her. I loved your stack. It gave me the giggles. :D

    @Marcie - She is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!