Weekly Lark 4/6/11

The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: It's springtime, perfect for outdoor reading. Describe your favorite outdoor reading spot.

Andrea: I am not an outdoor girl- stupid, shiny allergies- but if I have to pick an outdoor spot, I would say my front porch.

Paula: I have a hard time reading in direct sunlight, so I like a shady spot. I have a couple of trees in my back yard that are only about 12 feet apart, with a bench between. From there, I can see the kids on the swing set, but not hear them enough for their fun to disrupt mine- and I'm far enough away from the house to escape the phone and TV and all the rest.

Tevya: When I was growing up, my grandparents had a house on the bayou. There was a hammock hanging between two big trees in the yard, about halfway between the house and the bayou. I used to love hanging out in that hammock with my book. I could stay out there all day, just lost in my stories.



Comments