Waiting on Wednesday: As I Wake

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is our chance to spotlight new releases we are looking forward to.

This week we are waiting for As I Wake, by Elizabeth Scott.

(From Goodreads)

What if you woke up and didn't know where you were?

What if you didn't know who you were?

And what if, when your memories started to come back--what if they didn't match the you that you're supposed to be?

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them--and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

Ok, let's be honest here - I would have picked this one up from the cover alone. How great is that cover? In fact, it was the cover that drew my attention when it popped up in my news feed on Goodreads. Then when I read the summary, I knew I had to read it. It looks sooooo good!

So we wanna know...what are you waiting on this week?



Comments

  1. I LOVE the cover too, especially the hair into smoke. I actually put it on my to-reads shelf on goodreads without reading the summary because of it. I love the summary even more than the cover though, if that's possible.

    My WoW post is here: http://bitten-books.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html
    Kaity - Bitten Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED! That cover is all kinds of trippy awesome. I absolutely love it. Plus the plot sounds brilliant. I haven't read any of Elizabeth's novels before, but I've heard SUCH good things about them. Can't wait for this!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look cool. I hadn't seen it before! Thank you Tevya for doing WOW this week. I just finished my plans and creating my test. Now I am going to crawl back to bed in the hopes that I will start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I Wake seems amazing! I actually posted it on my blog for my Cover Crazy post. Great pick!

    Here is my WOW post: http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-5-legend.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed! this cover is truly eye catching. Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this one too! Totally excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for As I Wake as well! Elizabeth Scott is among my favourite contemporary authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you 100% after seeing the cover I would have been sold! lol.

    The synopsis sounds really good as well, I can't wait to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Book sounds great!! And I love the cover too!!! They know how to grab us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen this one before, but I love the cover and Elizabeth Scott. I am adding it to my TBR list! Great pick, Tevya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right! STUNNING cover! Hope you enjoy reading it, thanks for sharing!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!