Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 6/24/11

When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?




Tevya: I have always been a reader, since before I can remember. I think I realized how important books and reading were to me when in middle school I became obsessed (in a good way, not a crazy stalker way) with my first real book series (other than Sweet Valley Twins/High and The Babysitter's Club) and author. I remember making regular trips to the book store to get the next book in the series, and then making my first pre-order when the last book hadn't been released yet. I was always, am now, and always will be, the girl with her nose in a book or daydreaming about a story or character from the book I'm currently reading.

Andrea: I realized that reading was my passion when I was in elementary school. I loved reading and losing myself in other people's stories. My passion continued to grow throughout my life, but it has increased in the past 4 years.







In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?



Tevya: My favorite story about fairies is Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts. It's the first book in the Gallaghers of Ardmore trilogy. It revolves around a family of three Irish siblings who have to break the spell of a Fairy King. It spins a beautiful legend through the modern romance. I fell in love with the fey and with Ireleand through this series and it's always my go-to book when I need a pick-me-up or when I'm recommending books to friends.







Andrea: I guess my favorite fey story would be Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. This was one of the first fey series I read as an adult. It is the series I judge all other fey books against. As a kid, I loved the fairies in Sleeping Beauty.














Comments

  1. Stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop. I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I didn't think of Melissa Marr! I was a huge Sweet Valley and BSC fan. Especially BSC.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, hehe. And I'm a new follower!
    BTW, this is my FF: http://www.librarianmouse.com/2011/06/feature-follow-friday.html so please, feel free to pass by and say hi.
    I'm also hosting my first giveaway, so check it out too :D

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your newest follower!

    If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre, and take a look around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!