Book Review: Bone Dressing

Bone Dressing
Published By: Savage Enterprises LLC

Release Date: April 20, 2011
Buy it at Amazon
Source: Provided by Author
Audience: Young Adult/Adult


My Thoughts:



The very first word that comes to mind is INTENSE. Bone Dressing had me shifting around in my various favorite reading spots and a bit nervous.There were points I would have to set it down for a bit, but then would be chomping at the bit to get back to it. Sounds confusing? It can be. The second thought I had was that Michelle I. Brooks either is ADD like me, or is very close to someone that is, because walking through Syd’s brain was pretty much a twin of mine, or at least my hormonal, teenage self. But back to Syd - She has definitely had a hard knock or twenty. Her loving, free spirited parents were killed when she was very young, and since then she has gone through her life, kicking ass that needs to be kicked, and freezing out almost everyone. Except her polar opposite and best friend, Patricia. When the disgusting and sinister teacher, the
bane of Syd’s existence, Mr. Askew, sets Syd up to cover for her friend, her topsy turvy world gets an extra shot of crazy. 

Now, a word about these characters. I could totally see a friend of mine in the role of Patricia, and Mr. A made my skin crawl, literally. Like as in, give me a scalding hot shower and pass the lye. *shudder* Ok, lets move on before I make myself sick. On the completely other hand - Beau. MMMMM. God, that boy sounds mouth-watering. And there is some pain and secrets lurking in his fathomless eyes. 

Oh, you ladies (and gents! I know we have some out there) must get on this immediately. Whether the reader is taking a stroll through Syd’s thoughts and experiences, or from one of the other POVs, the writing is in your face - vivid and heartbreaking. You understand what Syd is going through because you can feel it; you can feel how overwhelmed she is. Then she meets gorgeous Beau in the cemetery late one night, along with his adorable and perplexing little sister and pet panther, TJ. The trio end up shaking up Syd’s world even more, if it were possible and take a few special trips down memory lane….sort of. That’s all I can say without giving away massive spoilers, just listen to me when I say – It’s that good.


Quote that Caught Me:


"The power we all carry within us, but rarely use. The power we're all afraid of because to actually own it we would have to accept the responsibility of living a chosen life, not an accidental one."

The Question of Questions: Would I spend my precious book allowance (yes, I have one - That I mostly stick to.) on it and its possible sequel(s)?



Abso-freaking-lutely! I can’t wait to see how the story of Syd (and….others) pans out, and to learn more about yummy Beau and the charmingly mysterious Sarah.




Time is running out … the Dark that's been chasing Syd for many lifetimes has finally caught up with her …
Sydney Roberdeau lost her parents as a young girl. Waiting for her life to start and the freedom that will come with her eighteenth birthday, Syd spends much of her time haunting the local cemetery. It is there, stretched out among the dead, that she feels most alive, most at home. Until one rainy night when Beau, Sarah and T.J. crash her ghostly sanctuary, appearing out of nowhere, turning her already inside-out world one degree past upside down.

Syd must now revisit past lives, dressing in the bodies of her previous selves … bone dressing. Her only chance to outrun the evil breathing down her neck is to face her own worst nightmares and her strongest desires. But if she can’t stay out of trouble in this life, how can she possibly fix mistakes from past lives? And just how many lives has she lived, loved and lost? What is Syd exactly, and what will she risk for the life of a man she doesn’t remember, the man she spent a lifetime with, the man she loves? Everything … including her very own life?

Bone Dressing, the first in a series of seven books, will carry Syd and Beau on an adventure that transcends life itself.





Comments

  1. I'm waiting for my review copy! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard of this one before but have now put it on my TBR pile. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this one too! I need to get my review list down to a manageable size first though. So many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review. I haven't heard of this book yet..so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!