Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 7/15/11

Book Blogger Hop

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

Andrea: I mainly get my books by purchasing them for my Kindle or going to the library. I go through a lot of audio-books so the library is a great option for those since I rarely listen to them again. I will occasionally purchase a book at an Indie bookstore if it something I have to have in bound form, but since I am totally out of shelf space I try to limit that. I also receive a lot of books I read via request from authors, publicists, and publishers. NetGalley is also one of my favorite places to snag books for review.

Tevya: Other than books I get from authors, publishers, and NetGalley to review, and books I get from friends, I get the books I purchase from all over. I love getting books on my Nook from B&N - nothing like instant gratification! I also buy books from any store that sells books. I'm not picky. Wal-Mart, Target, BAM, & B&N are my most frequent book suppliers.




What do I do when I am not reading?


Andrea: No reading? What does this mean? :) When I am not reading I like to spend time with my husband and dogs, watch old movies, play video games, and get massages. I also enjoy traveling and photography. I would also say most of my not reading time is spent waiting in line at Starbucks. I also tend to spend quite a bit of time blogging.

Tevya: When I am not reading, I'm spending time with my family, working on a blog post, playing on Facebook, teaching, or doing some nasty household chore.



Comments

  1. I love to travel as well. Happy weekend, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starbucks line, huh? I guess I would be in the fountain soda line. =)

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/07/follow-friday-7-15-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the Follow Friday hop. Great site! Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous blog!


    New follower, friend!


    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. facebook facebook facebook that's something I tend to do a lot too, whenever I have free time I pull out my phone and creep haha, wow that sounded weird but oh well, and I like photography too but I need to get a new camera cause I don't have one right now :( but that's ok I'll just borrow my mom's when I want to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love traveling too! I'm really hoping to get to do more of it in the near future :)

    Here's my Follow Friday post: http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-5.html

    Hope you guys have a lovely weekend! :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! Following back...

    I had to wonder what life was outside of reading! Fun question for a bunch of book bloggers...makes us think!

    have a great weekend,
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old follower stopping by! Lol. I am right there with you on instant gratification. I can't remember the last time I purchased an actual book because it's just too easy to get them electronically. All of my real books are loaners from my little sister these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I love traveling too. I'm getting more into photography b/c I won a really nice camera and need to learn how to use it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just dropping by for the blog hop! I've just recently discovered NetGalley. It's great!

    My hop: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/every-week-crazy-for-books-hosts-book.html

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big library user, whether it's for print books, or downloads. Most of the time, I don't necessarily want to own everything I read, so it's super-convenient (and free!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!