Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 7/2/11


Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about their books or get advice on writing from?

Michelle: Sherrilyn Kenyon, because she is such a warm, friendly person every time I've met her and very entertaining. J.R. Ward, because I love her characters and I heard from friends that have met her at conventions that she's high energy and entertaining. Anne Rice, who's books were my first literary obsession and because her writing is so rich and detailed.

Tevya: Sherrilyn Kenyon, because the one time I met her, she was such a fabulous woman. She was open and sincere, warm and friendly. I would love to have time to sit down with her and chat about her books and characters. Next would be Nora Roberts because I have been a fan of hers for a very long time. I love her writing both as Nora and also as J. D. Robb. Lastly, I'd love to spend some time with Stephenie Meyer. While I've moved past my Twilight obsession, my life has changed so much thanks to the amazing friends I have met through Twilight.


What's the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can't?

Michelle: Do I have to pick just one? Hmmm. Ok. Then I have to say the anime/manga stuff. I'm an Olde, so I guess but I just don't get it. Yeah, it's cute and kitschy that you read it backwards or whatever, but I just don't get it and can't into at all. There are thousands of men and women my age that are hardcore fans but I totally missed that in my geek makeup. Now you darn kids stay off my lawn!!!

Tevya: I wish I could get into nonfiction. I value learning, and I would love to be able to soak up knowledge from books. Sadly, the only nonfiction I read is for professional development. I just can't get into anything other than biographies, as much as I'd like to.

Comments

  1. I agree about non-fiction. There's some manga I like but it's pretty limited. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, hopping through and following you.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tev - I have to agree with the wanting to read non-fiction, but I just can't get into it. I like books that overwhelm my senses and imagination....non-fiction just can't do that.

    Michelle - The only manga that I've read was the Dark Hunters manga...that counts, right? ;) And I grew up watching Voltron and Sailor Moon, so it's not completely lost on me but the more modern stuff like Bleach or G Grey Man I haven't attempted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the looks of your blog. Love the birds and the colors! I am a new follower as countrysunset40. Come on over to visit when you get the chance.

    http://www.tracystreasureofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of people struggle with non-fiction. Sometimes it is just plain boring.

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pedantic Phooka & BookGal!

    Dayle, I would look at it, but I just don't know. Is it as "adult" as the DH books? Bc if so they need to take it out of the children's section, amirite?

    Thanks Tracy! Come back and visit us often!

    Kristin, you ain't ever lied. I adore Elizabethan history/biographies but that stuff can be DRY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!