Waiting on Wednesday: Ward Against Death



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at 
Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on....

Ward Against Death (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #1)
By: Melanie Card
(Release Date: August 2011)

Twenty-year-old Ward de Ath expected this to be a simple job bring a nobleman s daughter back from the dead for fifteen minutes, let her family say good-bye, and launch his fledgling career as a necromancer. Goddess knows he can t be a surgeon the Quayestri already branded him a criminal for trying so bringing people back from the dead it is.

But when Ward wakes the beautiful Celia Carlyle, he gets more than he bargained for. Insistent that she s been murdered, Celia begs Ward to keep her alive and help her find justice. By the time she drags him out her bedroom window and into the sewers, Ward can t bring himself to break his damned physician s Oath and desert her.

However, nothing is as it seems including Celia. One second, she s treating Ward like sewage, the next she s kissing him. And for a nobleman s daughter, she sure has a lot of enemies. If he could just convince his heart to give up on the infuriating beauty, he might get out of this alive...




Comments

  1. I think I have seen this on netGally, actually... It sounded good but I have such a long backlog, it has to wait...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog,
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one, but it certainly sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the series name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really interesting!! i definitely hadn't seen it before!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds pretty good. Nice pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't come across this one before, but it sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting synopsis I'll add it on my tbr.
    Thanks for checking out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before but it looks really good! I'm definitely adding to my wishlist. Thanks for featuring it!

    New follower :)
    Andie
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to check it out. Here's my WOW:
    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-au-revoir-crazy.html
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!