Weekly Lark 7/13/11

The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: What's a book you've loved that is part of a genre you usually don't like?

Michelle: A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1604-1714 by Mark Kishlansky. The Tudors: The Complete Story of Britain's Most Notorious Dynasty by G. J. Meyer.
Paula: I just read My Stroke Of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor. I can't remember having enjoyed nonfiction like that for a long time.
Tevya: I've never been a SciFi kind of girl, and murder/mystery has never drawn me in, but I absolutely love Nora Roberts' In Death series.
Meagen: SciFi isn't my favorite either, but I loved Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
Andrea: Wild Rose: Civil War Spy. It's Antebellum nonfiction. 



Comments