Cover Crazy: Dracula in Love


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

This week's cover is Dracula in Love by Karen Essex. I would read this book because of the cover and the fact that it's about Dracula, my favorite classic vampire. I love the sense of place and tone this cover conveys - there is a sense of cold and danger about it. The muted colors help contribute to the eerie feeling. I find old graveyards to be fascinating so the tombstones also caught my eye. Why is this girl in a cemetery? The fog seems to be hugging the monuments and it obscures the time of day. Is this morning or twilight? The woman seems to be running away from something which intrigues me. I also love her dress. Finally, the way the title is showcased and the font also caught my eye. What do you think of this cover?

Comments

  1. OMG, this cover is amazing! I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sonny! I kind of want to frame it and put it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover! The foggy background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the title is displayed too, the pretty frame around it, and how it seems the girl is running away from something

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title and the background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!