In Other Words 9/16/11



In Other Words, one of our favorite memes here at Reading Lark, has moved to Fridays. Each Friday we bring you a collection of literary quotes selected by our awesome blog team centered around a different theme or topic. Enjoy - and feel free to share YOUR favorite quote about this week's theme in our comments section!  


This week's theme ~ 
Soul Mates

Tevya: 
“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. 

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. 

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...” 
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

“He is my soul mate, my fresh air, the reason I look forward to getting up every morning.”
― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden

Andrea:
"Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone." 
— Cecelia Ahern (P.S. I Love You)


"About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him -- which I assumed was wildly out of his control -- that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he has kissed me."
— Harvard Lampoon (Nightlight: A Parody)

Paula:
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~ Dr. Seuss

"The reason it hurts so much to be separate is because our souls are connected." ~Nicholas Sparks

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~Emily Bronte

Michelle:
“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.

Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”
― Diana Gabaldon, Dragonfly in Amber



Comments

  1. Oh I so enjoyed reading that! Liked the Tevya one alot. I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!