Teaser Tuesday: Her Dear and Loving Husband & Crossroads



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

    In the courtyard outside she saw a grotto with rose trellises, scented lavender shrubs, and a cherub water fountain spitting in an arc in the air. There was a covered altar set against the brick wall and about twenty people in black robes mingling while drinking tea and eating cakes. Sarah stopped suddenly, her feet leaden, as if there were iron chains around her ankles.
    ~ Her Dear and Loving Husband by Meredith Allard, pg. 19





As I slowly came out of the darkness, I couldn't open my eyes. Hearing jumbled whispers was a sure sign that there were people around me. But then again, were they human? Panic struck me, and I desperately wanted to know where I was.

~ Crossroads by Mary Ting, pg. 61 


Comments

  1. Both these sound good. That first one looks spooky judging by the cover!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/09/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!