Book Boyfriend: Edward Cullen




We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is..... 
Edward Cullen
The Twilight Saga 
by Stephenie Meyer
My ideal Edward Cullen is Robert Pattinson.

Yeah, I know.... but this close to the premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 1, I couldn't not give a shout out to over-protective, somewhat stalker-ish, sparkly vampire love. *grins* So hang in there for a moment, forget all of the media-hype and Twilight-haters, and *cough* movie madness. Go back to the first time that you picked up Twilight (the BOOK), and remember what it felt like to fall in love for the first time...


Facts about Edward:
*He's a vampire. (I know, you're shocked! It's ok, you can say it. Out loud.)
*He is the oldest adopted "child" of Carlisle and Esme Cullen.
*His special vampire powers include mind reading, an alluring beauty, addictive scent, and super-human strength and speed. (No, you can't out run him or fight him off. But honesty, were you really going to try?)
*Because he has never been in love before, he tends to be a little neurotic in his over-protectiveness.

Edward's Appearance (taken from Twilight Ch 1 ~ First Sight):
*lanky, less bulky
*untidy, bronze-colored hair
*more boyish than the other Cullens
*chalky pale
*dark shadows under the eyes
*eye color ranging from black to golden topaz
*devastatingly, inhumanly beautiful

Edward Quotes:
*"That's Edward. He's gorgeous, of course, but don't waste your time. He doesn't date.  Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him." (Jessica Stanley)

*"Though I respected the need for maintaining a safe distance between my skin and his razor-sharp, venom-coated teeth, I tended to forget about trivial things like that when he was kissing me." (Bella Swan)

*" 'You're dangerous?' I guessed, my pulse quickening as I intuitively realized the truth of my own words. He was dangerous. He'd been trying to tell me that all along.' " (Bella Swan)

*“I do have some trouble with incoherency when I’m around him.” (Bella Swan)

*"And there he was, my personal miracle....I saved his eyes for last, knowing that when I looked into them I was likely to lose my train of thought. They were wide, warm with liquid gold, and framed by a thick fringe of black lashes. Staring into his eyes always made me feel extraordinary - sort of like my bones were turning spongy. I was also a little lightheaded, but that could have been because I'd forgotten to keep breathing. Again." (Bella Swan)

*"His touch brought with it the strangest sense of relief — as if I’d been in pain and that pain had suddenly ceased." (Bella Swan)

*“Edward is such a grouch when he doesn't get his way.” (Alice Cullen)

*"He had the most beautiful soul, more beautiful than his brilliant mind or his incomparable face or his glorious body." (Bella Swan)

Why Edward is my Book Boyfriend:
The thing I love most about Edward is the way he loves Bella...irrevocably, unconditionally, completely, and yes, a little madly. The reading experience in the Twilight Saga is unique because the reader is so drawn into the story that we experience this love between the two of them through Bella's point of view. So when Bella describes how he makes her feel, and how she sees him and feels about him too, I felt that way right along with her.

My Perfect Edward:
Robert Pattinson. I started reading Twilight before the first movie came out, but filming had already begun. I watched a few interviews before I read the book, so Rob was always (and will always be) Edward in my mind.



Comments

  1. Edward was my first bookish boyfriend and always will be and it gets me mad when people say bad things about Twilight when they have only seen the movies. I must say though I like the bookish Edward... the movie Edward not so much... and yes Robert Pattinson will be my perfect Edward as well since I first saw the movie and then went to the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes with BD coming out next week Edward's been on my mind again too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors!!
    Nice choice! ;)
    ~Hira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen Robert as Edward, even though I watched all movies and tried really hard to like him. I've read the books first, so I am one of those that loved the books but not the movie.

    Anyways, i liked him better in the first movie - he seemed younger and more Edward-ish, and he had that cute smile like the one from the first picture ;)) If he smiled more through the movies I would have liked him better (I blame the more script, and less the actor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved reading Twilight the first time. I finished it in a matter of hours. All four books were out but I only had the first one. I was on the computer ordering the rest before I finished the first. I love Edward and Rob is perfect. I don't care what anyone says, I love these books.

    Valerie
    StuckInBook.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm late, but I do have to say that Robert did a good job with Eddie. I think he filled the roll well! Although I'd have to say I'd go for Jake. I like me an alpha wolf. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the books a couple of months before the first movie came out so I've always thought Rob was perfect for Eddie.

    I'm going to the midnight showing this Thursday. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay he is like totally cute :D Umm i wanna make a edward book, with like clippings and quotes and stuff....has anyone actually done this and how did they do it :S im totally in love with him so yeah;;;;;; i LOVE HIM AND ROBERT PATTINSON (even though im like 13 and on emonth) ahahaha plz reply desperate for ideas thanxs very much :D :S :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!