Cover Crazy: Rapture


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.


Rapture is the 4th book in the Fallen Series. This cover strikes me because it's almost completely void of color. Following the mold for the Fallen series covers, there is a darkness here in the shades of grays and blacks. While the first and third books, Fallen and Passion, have deeper, richer colors with small bursts of red, this cover is much bleaker, like the cover of Torment, the second in the series. All of the covers also hold an air of utter romance from the flow of Luce's dress and hair to the script of the font. Here, we have that same air of romance, but the feeling is more desolate in the slope of the sharp, rocky peaks and the gray sky. There's a feeling of sadness, of ending. I'm searching desperately for a light of hope, and perhaps it is in the change of Luce's dress. In the last three books, Luce has worn a black dress, and here she's in white. Perhaps this is the hope I'm looking for, the pureness of a white dress, a clean fresh start, a new beginning, for Luce and Daniel?



Comments

  1. Though I am not a fan of this series I am a HUGE fan of all the covers. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Fallen, like the lame I am. Goshness, it sure is pretty though.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The covers in this series are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!