Cover Crazy: Matched



The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.



My first ever Cover Crazy choice has to be Matched by Ally Condie. Being a graphics nerd, I am particular about the covers I love - the UK release of Matched had pink lettering for the title, and I just hated it. But I loved this book so much that I got it shipped to me from the USA. I love how simple, delicate and communicative the cover is. I have a poster of it up in my house!

I think the girl in the glass bubble perfectly communicates the themes of the novel: a strong, beautiful, girl trapped in a perfect bubble, with who-knows-what-else outside. She's pushing at the boundaries of her world and striving to see what else there is in life. I like the hint of what else is out there, in the reflections of the glass. I also love the typeface for the author's name, which I think is quite mysterious as fonts go, perpetuating the idea of "what else is there once you leave what you know?", as it stretches out and fades away. I also like how digital the title font is; to me, it is saying that she is matched by the system, and the other visuals tell you she is going to dispute that. 

Sometimes I just love a cover because it is hot, but this is my favorite cover (I think ever, so far) because not only is it beautiful, but it has a lot of sub-text and it makes me think of the story; it's not just a face on a cover to me. 



Comments

  1. The covers of this series are so awesome! Very simple but get the point across. And I love that it's not crazy with color, just a touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my first ones too! I love both of the covers!!

    Here is my Cover Crazy post!

    Lindsay :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!