My Book Boyfriend: Kishan Rajaram


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is Kishan Rajaram
from The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck

His appearance as described by Kelsey in The Tiger's Curse:

"He was very handsome, but in a darker, more swarthy way than Ren. His skin was antique-bronze, and his hair was ink-black, longer than Ren's but also swept back from his face and slightly curled. His eyes were gold with specks of copper. I tried to identify the color. I'd never seen anything like it before. They were like pirate gold-- the color of gold doubloons. In fact, pirate was a good way to describe him. He looked like the kind of guy who might be found gracing the cover of a historical romance, playing the part of a dark lothario."

Whoa, what?!? You had me at pirate, and then again at dark lothario. Here's the thing, I KNOW Kelsey will end up with Ren, and I really like Ren too, but Kishan is MY type. While Ren is sweet (I prefer Ren with the attitude that he develops after Tiger's Curse), Kishan is brutally honest and a little rougher around the edges. That's how I like my book boyfriends all brawn and hotness, not so much a sweet mild- mannered poet. Although, I don't want him to get THE girl, as in Kelsey, I'm not looking forward to his heartbreak. Maybe Kishan should start looking for some divine intervention from Durga, if you know what I mean.

Some Kishan Quotes:

“I’ve been working hard to become the kind of man she needs, the kind of man she already believes me to be.”

“I’m not the kind of man to bottle up my feelings, Kells. I don’t sit up in my room pining away, writing love poems. I’m not a dreamer. I’m a fighter. I’m a man of action, and it will take all of my self-control not to fight for this. When something needs to be done, I do it. When I feel something, I act on it. I don’t see any reason why Ren deserves to get the girl of his dreams and I don’t. It doesn’t seem fair that this happens to me twice.”

“Okay, then I’ll just say I love you. There is nothing in this world more important to me than you are. I’m only content when you’re near. My whole purpose is to be what you need me to be. It’s not poetry, but it’s from my heart. Will that do?”

Dang. I really love this guy! You can read all about Kishan, okay, AND his equally hot brother, Ren in The Tiger's Saga books.



Comments

  1. I love Kishan! I made Ren my book boyfriend a few weeks ago, but now that I'm almost through Tiger's Quest I'm leaning towards Kishan too! I definitely like your choice in models...He fit's K's description perfectly!

    Here's when I featured Ren!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-book-boyfriend-prince-ren.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read (and loved) Tiger's Curse but have not gotten around to reading Tiger's Quest. Obviously, I need to get on that....
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kishan had me from the moment he appeared in Tiger's Curse. Kelsey is 100% welcome to Ren (not that he isn't great in his own way) -- if it was my life and my choice I would pick Kishan in a heartbeat! He just has such an amazing presence as a character and he was the one I was still thinking about long after I closed the book. You are really making me want to read the other two now. (They are on my shelf; I just have other obligations...) Looks like I'll have to use Tiger's Quest as a carrot to get me to get stuff done a little quicker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Ah, Kishan. I'm a huge fan, too. :-) Ren is great, too - I love the arguments he and Kelsey get in, and the kissing scenes...swoon!...but for myself, I'd rather have Kishan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kishan, too!! It seems grossly unfair that Kelsey can only end up with one of them, but there you have it. She gets along better with Ren, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kishan is great! There is such a great description of him that I can imagine him in real life! I love the fire he gives to the story, and the drama he brings. Unfortunately for Kushan, Kelsey is destined to be with Ren, but at least Kishan can be mine now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!