Teaser Tuesday: The Butterfly Clues, Pandemonium, Bewitching, Daughter of Smoke and Bone


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

This week we are sharing teasers from The Butterfly Clues, Pandemonium, Bewitching, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. 

    I look up at the sky. There is no answer from above - no answer from anywhere - other than a light drizzle that begins to fall. Or maybe that is the answer. ~ The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison, Kindle Location 351 (Galley Edition)


    In the afternoons, I sleep, and when I can't sleep, I close my eyes and imagine being back in the abandoned house at 37 Brooks with Alex lying next to me. I try to feel my way through the curtain; I imagine if I can somehow pull apart the days that have passed since the escape, can mend the tear in time, I can have him back. But whenever I open my eyes I am still here, on a mattress on the floor, and still hungry. ~Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, pg. 60 (ARC) 


I leaned forward, holding Charlie's hand, and felt my own fingers vibrate with a strange energy that combined with the words and flowed from me to Charlie, from Charlie back to me, until the room spun and filled with a strange, sparkling light. I was lightheaded from hunger and despair, arms throbbing with the effort of saving him, bizarre ancient words coursing from my lips. ~ Bewitching by Alex Flinn, pg. 9 (ARC)

The Wishmonger's voice was so deep it seemed almost the shadow of sounds: a dark sonance that lurked in the lowest register of hearing. "I don't know many rules to live by," he'd said. "But here's one. It's simple. Don't put anything unnecessary into yourself. No poisons or chemicals, no fumes or smokes or alcohol, no sharp objects, no inessential needles - drug or tattoo - and... no inessential penises either." "Inessential penises?" Karou had repeated, delighted with the phrase in spite of her grief. "Is there any such thing as an essential one?" "When an essential one comes along, you'll know," he'd replied. "Stop squandering yourself, child. Wait for love." ~ Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Comments